Branded Content Creator (Writer)
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 1000 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
About the Team
Secret Media Network is a digital media group focused on recommending perfect plans, discovering great places, sharing things to do and relevant breaking news in different cities around the world. Our family is composed of Secret Chicago, Secret LA, Secret NYC, Secret Atlanta, Secret Miami, Secret Toronto, Secret London, Lisboa Secreta, Paris Secret, Madrid Secreto, Barcelona Secreta, and more!
About the Role
We are currently looking for a L.A.-based Staff Writer to join the US team! Working within a fun, dynamic, and fast-growing start-up, this new role provides an excellent opportunity for journalism and social media creative to showcase their skills to a large and highly engaged audience. We’re looking for someone who can create buzzy, original content about our events for Secret LA (and the other US platforms).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing engaging, accurate and informative articles, at pace, for our commercial partners and Fever Original events.
- Creating social media posts, writing video captions, liaising with our marketing team to ensure we’re optimising copy to drive sales and/or awareness, or covering a branded event using Instagram stories. Keeping track of these tasks, across multiple campaigns, will be essential in this role.
- Generate creative ideas for new campaigns, and manage final feedback from our clients to ensure everything is on point.
- From time to time, you may have the opportunity to pitch in with editorial work, but you will always be required to prioritize commercial work. That said, this position sits firmly within the editorial team, and you will be expected to have a solid understanding of the Secret Media Network’s native storytelling tone.
The application process
First of all, it is a must for our position that the candidates have a clear and expert knowledge of the city, the local culture and everything that happens there, so candidates with less than 3 recent years in the city will be dismissed
Our application process includes...
- Video call interview with Talent team
- Edit test to check your knowledge
- Management team interview
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Some demonstrable previous digital writing experience (either editorial or commercial)
- Experience in a digital marketing or editorial environment, from a newsroom to an agency, is highly desirable.
- A flair for all things social media, including a sharp sense of what makes a story engaging.
- The ability to remain calm and organized under pressure, managing a multitude of to-do's across different projects at any one time.
- An up-to-date understanding of the industry and how native marketing works.
- Creative and commercial insight, with brilliant storytelling skills.
- A knack for coming up with excellent ways to connect different brands with our audience.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Home office friendly and flexible schedule
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health and Dental Insurance.
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!