Legal Counsel - Commercial / General
Hi, we’re Fever!
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 1000 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the legal team, you will report directly to the Head of Legal & Policy. This is a role that will require proactivity, autonomy, and drive. You will familiarise yourself closely with Fever’s mission and vision, structure, strategy, and objectives, advise on corporate and operationally relevant matters to support the growth of the company, and draft and help commercial teams negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers and clients, all within a fast-paced company undergoing an ambitious international expansion.
You will be expected to work in the following areas, across different jurisdictions with an emphasis on your legal background, with one or more projects entrusted to you as the owner from time to time:
- Learn about legislation and jurisdictions applicable to the matters entrusted to you
- Drafting / revising key commercial contracts, terms and conditions, and similar legal documents
- Providing support to business teams and Management in their negotiations
- Advising on general legal matters related to your jurisdiction of expertise
- Coordinate and prioritize work with external legal advisors
- Prepare / revise internal templates, guides, and similar knowledge management key documents
- Take responsibility for document management
- Participate in the ongoing compliance functions as required
- Prioritize your and others’ work
- Be a barred lawyer, preferably in Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Ireland, the UK, South Korea, France or Germany.
- Speak fluent English with a command of legal English
- Have 4 or more years of PQE in the legal field (corporate or law firm)
- Have an excellent academic record or experience in top-notch companies or top-tier law-firms
- Have a keen eye for strategy and business, and be committed to company goals
- Possess strong technical skills
- Be an effective communicator who brings emotional intelligence to work
You can expect to join a group of diverse, hardworking team players, where a cultural fit is someone willing to stay humble and learn, and can work nimbly. We welcome applications with unusual backgrounds with the expectation that the applicant will have acquired hard or soft skills and maturity throughout their experiences.
This role is located in Fever’s HQ in Madrid, and although we can be flexible with the timing you will be expected to move there if you are currently living elsewhere.
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons and Gympass
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
- We have free food, drinks and fruit at the office!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!