Web Designer with HTML & CSS
Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”. These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 900 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
- You’ll be part of the Engineering team and adding value to our applications, allowing people to reach the best experiences in their cities.
- You’ll be working with the latest technologies on the frontend, surrounded by highly qualified professionals like you on a highly scalable and performance way.
On your first month in Fever:
- You will be fully integrated into the team. During this month you will have already participated in plannings, groomings and retrospectives of the team, and you will have met the departments of Fever.
- You will get familiar with Fever’s tech stack and frameworks used to develop our applications.
- You will attend some of the Fever Original’s experiences like Candlelight
After 3 months in Fever:
- You’ll be able to come up with solutions to new difficult problems and your developments will be creating new business opportunities
- You’ll have responsibilities over some of the shares libraries across the teams
- You will participate in some of the hackdays or hackathon we organise with other teams, and you will mostly know everybody from engineering.
On your 6th month in Fever:
- You’ll improve performance, scalability and infrastructure of the applications
- You’ll be mentoring other new joiners to the team
- You will participate in some of the team buildings we organise for your team or the whole engineering team
- Design easy-to-use, performant, and exciting web experiences serving multiple partners across marketing, brand, and design
- Understand the technical, creative, and temporal constraints of a project, making pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Participate in the full project lifecycle from ideation to handoff, to launch
- Collaborate with the larger creative team via regular design critiques and working sessions
BASIC SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Expertise in writing valid HTML and CSS code by hand.
- Knowledge in design tools such as Sketch/Figma would be a plus.
- Knowledge in writing Handlebars (or another templating HTML framework).
- Solid portfolio of past projects that include websites done from start to finish.
- You are a specialist in website design and understand the nuances that contribute to a great interactive experience
- You display sensitivity for user-system interaction
- You are fluent in the guiding principles and best practices that make for effective and aesthetically pleasing visual applications
- You understand the importance of accessibility and performance and how that translates to design
- You have oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Passion for web accessibility standards, ensuring people of all abilities can access our content.
- Good communication skills in written & spoken English and Spanish
It would be a plus if you...
- Experience with Angular
- Experience in tech startup (alternatively, strong willingness to work in a leading and very fast-paced tech startup).
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- Work in a location in the heart of Mexico City.
- Home office friendly (2 days at the office)
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- 20 days off annually
- 40% discount: This discount is for personal use only.
- Free Candlelight Event: This voucher is for single use only and valid for 2 persons. The employee will find the coupon in Personio.
- Gympass membership
- Medical insurance (Atlas): Fever offers this insurance to all its employees free of charge as the company covers the cost of. Atlas is one of the best insurance companies in Mexico.
- Free food and drinks in our kitchen!
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!