Are you a passionate writer, with a creative eye, a great sense of humour and (a slightly obsessive) love for all things New York City-related? Then we'd love to hear from you!
The Job - Summary
Responsible for brainstorming and creating engaging shareable content for a high-growth New York blog, with over 200,000 fans on Facebook and averaging 100,000 monthly hits, you will predominantly spend your time researching and writing articles for the site, whilst also ensuring the narrative fits in with the local tone of voice. You will work closely with an events discovery app and other commercial partners, aiming to monetise the blog when appropriate. You’ll become part of a global network of blogs, with an international monthly readership of over 1.5 million people.
Reporting to the Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Writing articles, newsletters and other required publications for the blog.
- Managing content schedules for both the Facebook page and blog.
- Be up to date with everything going on in the city (news, events, etc)
- Run all social media channels and seek out up and coming photographers (Instagram).
- Engage readers through original and compelling articles.
- Work closely with a growing international team.
- Strive to increase commercial partnerships and gain more leads.
- Be highly creative and imaginative as well as curious about New York City, blogging, and journalism.